Custom Search

free counter

Thursday, November 19, 2009

peace of god

I was once in prison for my refusal to join the Army and help kill our enemies. Many of the prisoners were black and sang Christian songs they knew. One night we were ordered to march back and forth in the yard. Some of them started singing, "Up above my head, I hear music in the air. Up above my head, I hear music in the air. Up above my head, I hear music in the air. Now I know, yes I know, there's a God somewhere."
To me, the greatest mystery is the mystery of love, the kind of love that you find in the commandments and promises of Jesus. We assume the source of all that is must have infinite wisdom, and the greatest wisdom I know is in the words of Jesus. St, Francis, Martin Luther King, and other followers of Jesus have pointed the way. I have tried to do the same. The Earth Trustee Agenda in my Earth Day.People of every creed and culture agree we should practice altruism in all our actions. The Earth Trustee goal of Peace, Justice and Care of Earth is the common goal we all can support. While we may differ on what we think is best, we can agree on this basic idea.
Find something you can do that will further this purpose. Of course the more influence you have, the more will result from your actions. Leaders in government, corporations, religion, and media, have a special responsibility.
Do what you can and get attention for it. We have inherited a wonderful planet with a miracle web of life that is headed for catastrophe - unless we go all out to save it.
We must, and can, end humanities long record of war, greed, and selfishness with a global turn toward peace, justice, and a sustainable future.
Everyone can make a difference. The greatest opportunity is for global leaders and people of wealth. Media can make a great difference by headlining the nonviolent ways of peace and where they are doing the most good.
In this 2006 Christmas season, let us Think and Pray and Act to foster peace in all our contacts. And Expect A Miracle..

No comments:

Post a Comment